PLEASE VOTE ON NOVEMBER 8TH


Elect Team New Scotland Candidates this Election Day



TOM DOLIN ~ PAT SNYDER ~ BILL HENNESSY

Friday, October 14, 2011

Dear Pat Snyder,

Q - Why are you running under the "No Big Box" premise that was the central theme in the last election?

A - The central reason why I and my team-mate, Bill Hennessy, are running is to help the current Board members finish the job of enacting a size cap law. As I'm sure you know, the Town needs a super-majority of 4 or more votes to successfully enact a size cap law.  If elected, I would support the efforts of Dan Mackey, Tom Dolin and Doug LaGrange to enact this law.

I have been attending Town Board meetings and Planning Board meetings for a couple of years now and understand the issue of size cap and development in the Town.  I have also participated in the many forums that were held where the public spoke very passionately about this issue.  Any elected official has an obligation to protect the interests of their constituency. When you have an overwhelming number of people against the 'big box' a Town Board member has an obligation to listen and be guided accordingly.  One has to be responsive to the members of the community.

In conjunction with the above, our platform includes sustaining and preserving the Town's natural resources for future generations.  I believe the Town needs to send a consistent message to its residents and potential investors as to what fits into our community.  We are fortunate to live in the 'jewel' of Albany County so we need to work hard at balancing our Town's resources with responsible economic development.

My background is in credit, finance and banking where I have worked for 30 years.  Please feel free to reach out to me at 852-6322 if you have any further questions or concerns as I would be happy to discuss.

Thank you for your interest.

Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question you would like to ask Team New Scotland candidates? Please post a comment here and we will repost your question with an answer in a new post promptly. Thank you.